These cookies are highly addictive. Crispy on the outside; soft and chewy on the inside.
I baked at least a half dozen variations of these before I was satisfied with the texture. Not a single batch of these cookies lasted past the second day. If you ask me, that’s a pretty fool proof cookie!
Gluten-free Almond Cookies:
- 2 cups almond flour (also known as almond meal)
- ¼ tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Use your hands to form a big ball of dough (mixture will feel quite moist).
- Cover dough in plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, roll dough into 12 golf sized balls and flatten between your palms to make discs (edges may crack, just use the side of your palm to smooth these out). Place discs onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Let cool completely before handling. They will firm up nicely. Promise 🙂